Wow, these are amazing!! You are going to love these…the banana cupcake is moist, but still light and delicate! The peanut butter frosting on top is creamy, fluffy and to die for!
The banana flavor is perfect, and they are so moist! Enjoy the smell when they come out of the oven. They are so tasty, you could probably just eat it by itself. But, who doesn’t love frosting??
The butter and heavy cream combined with the peanut butter creates an extra smooth texture that does not overpower the delicate cupcake. But don’t get me wrong, it is packed full with powerful peanut butter flavor!
The frosting was sturdy enough for me to pipe, but if want it to be thicker, you could always add additional powdered sugar. I would recommend adding it by a 1/4 cup at a time.
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 5.3 oz of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
Yields 24 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add greek yogurt and vanilla, mix. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Add mashed bananas, mix. Slowly add both types of flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Line a muffin pan with paper lining cups and spoon batter into the paper liners. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup powdered sugar
- Banana Chips (optional garnish)
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the peanut butter and butter together for about 2 minutes. You will want to make sure the ingredients are combined well and the color has gotten lighter.
- Add heavy cream, mix again until combined. Begin adding powdered sugar by 1/4 cup until you get the desired constancy.
- Continue beating the mixture until fluffy.
For an additional recipe including bananas, take a look at banana oatmeal cookies.