These stuffed mushrooms taste amazing and are great for low carb diets!!
I also love that they can be prepared ahead of time, and baked when needed.
I highly recommend placing them on a silicone baking mat. It is non-stick, and easy to clean.
The sautéed garlic gives these mushrooms a lot of flavor…but my favorite part is the cayenne!! YUM
- 16 oz Whole Mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 1/4 t Onion Powder
- 1/4 t Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off the hard bottom of the mushroom stems, then break off the stem. Dice the stems.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add in garlic and diced mushroom stems. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Do not burn garlic. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne. Add in sautéed mixture. Mix well.
- Line cookie sheet with silicone baking mat. Fill mushrooms with heaping spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture, and place on baking mat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Mushrooms will be extremely hot and leaking liquid.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com