S’mores….what is there to say about these glorious summer time treats?
I think they hold such a special place in my heart because they bring me back to childhood. Girl Scout camp, and backyard fires with the family…S’mores were always there (I think my heart just fluttered a little).
So earlier this year, when Starbucks came out with their S’mores Frappucino, I was bit skeptical. But I have to say, it is AMAZING!!
We have been trying to stick to our budget lately, and well coffees can get expensive! So I quickly got to work trying to make it from home.
(I was glad that I did, because for a while every Starbucks in a 10 mile radius was sold out of it, and now it is going out of season!)
I have painstakingly tested this recipe, and drank SEVERAL of these trying to get the recipe just right. Okay…I loved every single last drop…but I did need to make some minor adjustments to get it just right.
So a very important ingredient for this is Marshmallow Fluff. It helps give you the marshmallow taste you want, while adding to the creamy texture!
We will use the Marshmallow Fluff in our whipped cream, and in the coffee mixture itself.
Another very important ingredient is the chocolate syrup…I highly recommend Hershey’s. This is such a significant ingredient because it fulfills the chocolate component of the S’more. Which is highly necessary, lol!
When assembling your beverage, you will want to add the marshmallow whipped cream on the bottom of the cup, and a big healthy squeeze of chocolate syrup. This will be what your straw picks up first, so you want to make sure that it isn’t too small of an amount, that it disappears in your first sip. I like to drizzle some on the sides of the glass as well.
There is also the last piece of the traditional S’more, graham crackers. We will use these in the coffee mixture, and to top the whipped cream…YUM. I put a single sheet of graham cracker in a ziplock bag, and use my fingers to crumble it.
I could eat the top of this frappucino with a spoon…don’t judge me!
S’mores Frappucino (copycat)
Marshmallow Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 T marshmallow fluff
- 1 1/2 cup of ice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup of really strong coffee, or two shots of espresso
- 1 t sugar (or your favorite sugar substitute)
- 2 T crumbled graham cracker
- 2 T marshmallow fluff
- Chocolate syrup for the bottom of your glass
- Additional graham cracker crumbles for garnish on top
- Start by preparing your marshmallow whipped cream. Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, add heavy whipping cream and 1 T marshmallow fluff. Whip until it holds a stiff peak, about 5 minutes. (If you do not have a stand mixer, a hand mixer will work just as well)
- Put a healthy scoop of the marshmallow whipped cream at the bottom of a glass. Drizzle a large amount of chocolate syrup in the middle of the glass and around the sides.
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients for Coffee Mixture. Blend until almost smooth.
- Pour blended coffee mixture into glass. Top with the remaining whipped cream mixture (you can pipe if you would like), and then sprinkle with crumbled graham cracker.
Note: one sheet of graham cracker crumbled with be enough for the coffee mixture and garnish