Having a good slow cooker meal is priceless! It helps out during the week when you want to have a nice dinner, but don’t have a lot of time. It is also a lifesaver when you have a crowd to feed!
When cooked to perfection, the meat will be tender and easily pull apart. It tastes great, and has a little kick of spice!
(If you would prefer it without the spice, you could omit the crushed red pepper and use mild pepperoncinis)
Warning….if you will be home while it is cooking, the smell is entrancing!! I go home for lunch every day, and if this is cooking, waiting to eat it seems unbearable. (I know it’s a bit dramatic, but it smells THAT good!)
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- 3-4 lb beef roast
- 12 oz beer (any Ale with do)
- 1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 t oregano
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t thyme
- 1/2 t roasted red pepper flakes
- 16 oz jar of sliced pepperoncinis, with juice (I prefer hot)
Hard Rolls or Hoagie Rolls
- Trim fat off of roast and set aside.
- Pour beer, liquid from pepperoncinis, salad dressing mix, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, and roasted red pepper flakes into slow cooker. Mix well.
- Add half of the peppers to the liquid. Add the roast, and then add the remaining peppers on top.
- Turn the slow cooker on Low. Cook for about 8-10 hours. (It may take longer if you have a larger cut of meat)
- After it is fully cooked, remove meat. Shred it using two forks. It should shred with ease. Return to slow cooker.
- Serve on rolls, with au jus on the side (optional).
Adapted from Culinary Mamas