We are officially moved into our new house, and couldn’t be more excited!! Now there is just a ton of unpacking to do…
So this week we are all about dinners that do not take a lot of time to make, but the whole family will enjoy!
Introducing my Quick and Easy Homemade Nachos-
We have been enjoying these nachos for a couple of years now, and they are so easy to make!!
You start by preheating the broiler on your oven to 450 degrees. Then brown and drain the hamburger meat, and pour the can of nacho sauce in a small saucepan. Warm on medium-low.
While doing this, take out a cookie sheet, and cover with aluminum foil. Spread chips onto the foil in a single layer. (Please note: you will want sturdy chips. This will prevent them from getting too mushy once you add the cheese)
Sprinkle the cooked hamburger meat over the chips, and top with the nacho cheese and then shredded cheddar cheese.
Place in the oven for 3-5 minutes. You will want to stay close to the oven and check it frequently. If left in the oven too long, the chips will burn.
Using nacho cheese together with shredded cheese will give you a nice gooey combination for your nachos. Yum!
You will want to cut up a tomato to add to your nachos, along with shredded lettuce.
If you would like you can top your nachos with a little bit of avocado, for added flavor!
We love jalapeños, but serve them on the side since we have a young daughter.
Quick and Easy Homemade Nachos
- 1lb ground beef
- 15 oz can of Nacho Cheese
- 1 bag of thick/sturdy Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small/medium tomato
- 1 Avocado (optional)
- Sliced Jalapeños (optional)
- Preheat broiler to 450 degrees.
- Pour nacho cheese into a small saucepan and turn on medium-low. Brown hamburger meat and drain.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spread chips on aluminum foil in a single layer. Top with cooked meat, nacho cheese, and shredded cheese.
- Place pan in preheated oven for 3-5 minutes. Watch closely to ensure chips do not burn.
- Chop tomato. Top nachos with shredded lettuce and tomatoes. If desired top with avocado and sliced jalapeños.