So…by now all of you know about my unhealthy obsession with Pumpkin. Part of that obsession involves drinking every Pumpkin Spice Latte I can get my hands on!!
Although, I LOVE PSLs, they are expensive….not to mention unhealthy. Unfortunately, most of them do not contain ANY pumpkin! So that is the best part about making them yourself, you can choose your ingredients! Don’t want sugar, omit it….or use Splenda! Replace milk with Vanilla Almond Milk, it is your choice!!
The beginning of this latte is a very tasty mix of pumpkin, milk and sugar. I could seriously just drink this, it makes me wish there was pumpkin flavored milk 🙂
Although, my recipe suggests that you heat this mixture on the stovetop, you could easily heat it in the microwave if you were short on time. While this is heating, brew your coffee or espresso.
After heating this mixture, add in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice (you can use nutmeg, cloves, ginger, etc. if you prefer).
To get the frothy mixture of a coffeeshop latte, you should carefully pour the mixture in a blender/food processor briefly. Add to coffee/espresso.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg. I whipped up a little heavy whipping cream to dollop on top!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/4 cup of espresso or strong coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 T of pumpkin puree
- 1 T of sugar
- 1 t of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 t of pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped Cream and ground nutmeg for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together milk, pumpkin, and sugar on medium heat until steaming hot. While this mixture is heating up, brew your espresso or strong coffee in a large coffee mug. Remove milk mixture from heat and mix in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a blender or food processor. Whip for 15-20 seconds until frothy. Pour into large coffee mug along with strong coffee or espresso. Top with whipped cream and ground nutmeg.