We have been so busy over the past few weeks, and it has become pretty stressful! I like to try to relieve my stress by combining two of my favorite things, pumpkin and baking!
I love making bread, it is so easy to do! Plus, pumpkin is the best baking ingredient, it makes everything so fluffy and moist!
Straight out of the oven, the outside of this bread is nice and crusty. However, if you prefer it to be softer, you can wrap it in aluminum foil while it is still warm. Either way, the inside of the bread will be deliciously soft.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (can use vegetable, canola, olive, grapeseed, etc)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t cloves
- 1/4 t ginger
- Add ins such as walnuts, chocolate chips, etc (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the sugars and oil. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add in the pumpkin and mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, and other spices. Mix until just combined. If adding in nuts, chocolate chips, etc, stir those is now.
- Spray a loaf pan with Pam, pour batter into pan. Bake for 60-70 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.