Let’s talk Chili….I have to admit, I spent most of my life hating it! I know, I know…
However, as an adult, I smartened up and realized it is perfect for these brisk Fall days. I just had to find a type of chili that suited my tastes….and this is most definitely it!
My absolute FAVORITE part of this chili is that it is spicy!! I strongly believe that chili MUST be spicy, and this one does not disappoint!
It packs 2 Habanero peppers and 6 Serrano peppers (LOVE)!
I also love how hearty this chili is. I despise runny chili…
Part of the reason that this chili is so hearty is the MANY vegetables, in addition to the peppers I mentioned previously, it also has:
- Green Peppers
- Green Onions
- Red Onion
- Anaheim Pepper
- Canned Tomatoes
- LOTS of Garlic
I also add 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon. This extra addition helps to make my chili have a deliciously unique flavor!
If you enjoy noodles in your chili, you could mix them in prior to simmering.
Garnishes are pretty much endless, I like shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and oyster crackers!
Hearty Spicy Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Chili Powder, to taste
- 1 bunch of Green Onions, diced
- 1 small Red Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 6 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Habanero Peppers, minced
- 6 Serrano Peppers, diced
- 1 Anaheim Pepper, diced
- 4 T butter
- 1 package of McCormick Chili Seasoning, 1.25 oz
- 1 can of Diced Roasted Garlic Tomatoes, 16 oz
- 1 can of Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, 10 oz
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup, 8 oz
- 1 can of Kidney Beans, 15 oz, rinsed
- 1 T Cinnamon
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Green Onions
- Oyster Crackers
- Begin by ensuring all of you vegetables are chopped as noted above.
- In a medium pan, brown ground beef on medium-high, drain. Add salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, and chili powder.
- In a large pot, add butter. Saute all of the chopped vegetables on medium-high, until onions are translucent.
- Add meat to the pot with the vegetables. Stir in chili seasoning packet, both types of canned tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, rinsed kidney beans, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Adapted from Brett Favre’s Chili Recipe