I have been searching for a go-to Vanilla Cupcake. I have definitely found it, and so have you! These cupcakes are a great texture. They are very sturdy, but still soft and fluffy!
The delicious vanilla flavor in these cupcakes come from Vanilla Bean Paste. Don’t get me wrong, I love vanilla extract! But in a vanilla cupcake, vanilla bean paste is definitely the way to go. Plus, it gives you the noticeable specs of vanilla in the cupcake. Vanilla beans work as well, but the paste delivers the same flavor with less work.
Just look at how gorgeous these are!
I like to top these cupcakes with delicious Fluffy Vanilla Bean Buttercream. Seriously…it is impossible to get enough vanilla!!
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 T vanilla bean paste
- 1 5.3 oz container of plain or vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until the color gets lighter, 2-3 mins. Slowly add in the egg whites, mix well. Add vanilla bean paste and greek yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until incorporated. Add in heavy cream and mix for about 2 mins until fluffy.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners, spoon in batter. Bake for 18-20 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Vanilla Bean Buttercream
- 2-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 t vanilla bean paste
- 2 T heavy cream
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the butter and 2 cups of the sugar together until creamy. The color should get lighter, about 2-3 mins.
- Add in vanilla bean paste and heavy cream, mix well.
- Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
Frosting adapted form the Cupcake Project